Saturday, December 5, 2009

Analogy


Being a teacher is a constant reminder of what we must look like to God. I am always thinking about:
  • How often, and with what enthusiasm, they shoot themselves in the foot;
  • How they would be so much better off if they would just trust that all the pain is actually for their benefit;
  • How I actually do have their best interests in mind, even when I require them to do unpleasant things;
  • How putting off their work today will only double it tomorrow;
  • How the end result is actually much, much better than they could ever imagine, because their brains aren't big enough to understand how great is the thing that they are working for;
and, especially,
  • How much I love them even (or especially) when they spit in my face, purposely sabotage themselves, and just generally act like a bunch of little miscreants.
Actually, the comparison breaks down just a little bit on that last item. Or, really, on all of them. But you see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment